Seattle, Washington, United States
For those who love coffee, poetry, art, or stories - stay. Have a cup with us.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Sip: Fire & Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

--Robert Frost "Fire and Ice" (1920)

Lately things have been, in a word, destructive. Earthquakes in Haiti, tsunamis in Japan, wars in Afghanistan, uprisings in Egpyt, genocide in Darfur, air strikes and promises of retribution in Libya. . .

It makes you wonder where it will all end. And I firmly believe it ends with books, with education, with friendships, kind words, handshakes, understanding, long conversations, language classes, cultural emersions, coffee shared. Yes. That is how it ends.

Join me for a cup.
-Michael

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment thing is so weird I feel like such a technological failure. I keep thinking it's saved and then it's like gone and like what?!

    Anyway, the point is: I love you Michael. thank you for making everyone's life better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put Michael… it's all about understanding and taking the time to learn about everyones place on the planet. BTW - wonderful Blog :) KEEP WRITING!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ms. Spero:)

    And: love you, Shreya - as always.

    ReplyDelete