Seattle, Washington, United States
For those who love coffee, poetry, art, or stories - stay. Have a cup with us.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Truly Golden

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 16 and I had what was, probably, my best birthday yet. I felt so appreciated and loved by everyone I ran into all day long. Friends brought me kind words, cakes, cookies, balloons, presents, cards, and took time out of their day to spend time with me.

As I thought about it, I realized how blessed I am by the people in my life. They are a constant reminder of how I want to treat people.

I sometimes wonder why any god would create us and then drop us into such an imperfect world. Why any god would create us and then allow us to make such a mess for ourselves. But as I think about it now, it is apparent that they did not just leave us to our fate. They, whoever they are, gave us certain gifts we cannot deny. Friendship is one of those.

The Golden Rule is Treat Others as You Wish to Be Treated. I wrote this little entry to let all of my friends know that you are truly golden, and that you are all some of the biggest blessings in my life. You straighten out the chaos; you light up the darkness; you bless the bleakness; you clean up the mess.

Thank you.

May your coffee be strong, your passions electric, and your laughter easy.
-Michael

2 comments:

  1. We are not what you think we are, we are golden! :D And I hope you had a fantastic Birthday Michael, you deserve one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the best follower of the golden rule ever you kind person!

    ReplyDelete