Seattle, Washington, United States
For those who love coffee, poetry, art, or stories - stay. Have a cup with us.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

sunday sip: Far, Far

Yael Naim sings a song called Far, Far with the following lyrics:

How can you stay outside? There's a beautiful mess, a beautiful mess inside. Far, far there was this little girl, she was praying for something big to happen to her. Every night, she hears beautiful strange music, it's everywhere, there's nowhere to hide. But if it fades, she begs: Oh Lord, Don't take it from me! Don't take it - she says. I guess I'll have to give it birth! To give it birth! I guess, I guess I'll have to give it birth. I guess I'll have to, have to give it birth. There's a beuatiful mess inside and it's everywhere, just look at yourself now, deep inside, deeper than you ever did, deeper than you ever did. There's a beautiful mess inside.

I had a long spiel written out for why I'm posting these lyrics. But I took it out. I trust that all of you will find some truth, somewhere, without my help.

Join me for a cup.
-michael

No comments:

Post a Comment