Seattle, Washington, United States
For those who love coffee, poetry, art, or stories - stay. Have a cup with us.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a note from a pathological idealist

Good evening, Coffee Lovers. I know it's not a Thursday, but I felt like I needed to write something to all of you.

Failure is something we are all familiar with, if only because we are so incredibly terrified of it in the day-to-day. The fear of failure cripples me, humbles me, teaches me new levels of reverance and respect for the world around me, which is a catalog of extremity and possibility. Those possibilities span the intensely positive and the darkest of negatives.

But life is hardly ever a choice between perfect good and perfect evil. Life is, basically, the gray between the first essential: birth, and the last essential: death. It is the good, the bad, the ugly, the beautiful, the hilarious. . .

Why write this?

I feel like I've failed you all, my loyal readers on four continents, in a series of small, gray ways that are, together, an egregious harm. Missed posts, lazy posts, late posts - the list goes on. And you, you varied consumers of my desperate ontological rumblings on the deeper nature of the mundane, deserve better.

You see, I'm an pathological idealist. So, for that reason, I believe that blogs are more than conglomations of Internet files passing, comet-like and fleeting, through cyberspace. No, no, no. Blogs are journals from the road, Kerouac collections of thoughts empassioned by earnest belief that immerse their readers in a gloriously flawed paradigm of what is, was, may be. That is what I believe about Stronger Coffee. It's what I hope you believe, and, if you don't, I hope I can convince you of it again or for the first time.

So this is me, Michael J. Abraham, doing the unthinkable. I'm admitting I've grown complacent with my existential exploration of today and yesterday and the yesterday before that. But no more! Blogging is more than blogging; it is a way of recognizing being.

So I'm sorry; continue to be with me.

May your coffee be strong, your passions electric, and your laughter easy.
-michael

2 comments:

  1. No apologies needed... life gets in the way sometimes! Write on my friend.

    Leslie Spero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't I read all your blogs? No really, I've read a few, now I have no idea why its been a while.
    I'm glad you take this so seriously micheal, your a gifted writer and are filled with passion, I'm sure this will take you far!

    ReplyDelete