Seattle, Washington, United States
For those who love coffee, poetry, art, or stories - stay. Have a cup with us.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

to my OOTI family -

I'm posting pretty late in the evening today, because I just got back home from a get-together with a group of people that I consider kind of like my second family.

I'll keep this short, because it's really very simple. Sometimes people come together. It is the right time, the right place, the right moment for a real kind of connection to develop. They laugh. They yell and scream at each other. They triumph. They fail. They fight for each other. They are families.

Blood is not sanctified; it is not a necessary ingredient for love. All that is truly necessary is a moment of shared understanding, a moment which gives way to a commitment. That commitment is an easy and mutual decision: this other person is as valuable to me as I am to them. Trust in that obscure and gorgeous bond; it exists.

To my OOTI family: thank you for forging such a beautiful story with me. You all are why I tell it and keep on telling it. I love all of you.

May your coffee be strong, your passions electric, and your laughter easy.
-michael

No comments:

Post a Comment