Seattle, Washington, United States
For those who love coffee, poetry, art, or stories - stay. Have a cup with us.

Monday, April 23, 2012

well. . .

I was incredibly close.

Thursday was going to mark the beginning of my "loyal blogging phase," where I actually blogged TWICE a week...EVERY WEEK. That didn't happen, because Thursday marked the beginning of quite the adventure.

I had an emergency doctor's appoitment to address some very acute pain in my lower back. Turns out I had a wild, out of control infection. So, with high blood pressure and a fever like a roller coaster, I headed into general surgery on Friday, which made blogging on Sunday rather difficult, and is still doing a number on me now.

So there you have it.

I'm not entirely sure as to how to turn this little experience into a warm and fuzzy morality lesson or interesting food for thought. There's probably some of the good ol' "don't get complacent, because life will slap you in the face" or even the lovely "everything happens for a reason!," but, I mean, aren't those all a little...well...dramatic? Histrionic? Unnecessary?

Suffice it to say, I find the whole experience rather funny. One of the things I'm learning about Life is that, when the coffee is at its strongest, the only thing to do is throw back your head and have a good chuckle about it.

Here's to surgery and blogging hiatuses (is that a word?) that seem to never, ever, ever end!

Fingers crossed I'll write to all of you on Thursday (don't jinx it by hoping).

-michael





No comments:

Post a Comment